Down To Business
We know business isn't all fun and games, but it's really important! These downloadable (and too-cool-for-school) tools will help you start and manage a Baby-sitters Club of your own. You'll be thanking us soon, when you're rolling around in all the money you earned!
- Every job that comes along must be offered to all members of the club before someone takes it.
- Pick a hairbrush. Only whoever is holding the hairbrush can talk at that time.
- You must always greet a caller with, "Hello, this is the Baby-sitters Club, ______ speaking."
- Write down the address, phone number, and the age of your charges. Also take note of any special requests.
- If one sitter cannot make his/her charge another sitter must take his/her place.
- Keep an official notebook to record your problems and experiences with specific charges for other members to read/learn from.
- Maintain specific business hours for phone calls.
- Interview potential new members to make sure they're good baby-sitters.
- All decisions are made final by majority vote. In the event of a tie, the president will decide.
- If you're going to be late to a meeting, call ahead and let the other members know. Be considerate!
Our Roles & Responsibilities
Represents the club in all club-related matters.
Takes personal responsibility for any issues with clients.
Takes care of club book.
Organizes and leads meetings.
Holds club meetings at her/his house.
Handles all club phone calls when then the President cannot.
Acts as president if the president is not present.
Keeps account of club payment rates.
Tracks total money earned and customers per week.
Provides feedback report of numbers every two weeks.
Takes all notes for each meeting.
Records all client calls during meetings.
Must have neat, easy-to-read handwriting and/or fast-typing skills.
Offers support to all other officers.
Takes the place of a missing officer, if they cannot attend a meeting.
Must have skills in leadership, organization, and mathematics in case they sit in as another officer.
More Baby-sitters Club on the STACKS
This site contains information and advertising about Scholastic and third party products.