Halloween is a huge deal at my house. My kids love dressing up year-round, and the combination of dressing up and free candy is almost too much for them to handle. I like Halloween too, but I like how much my kids crave reading about it even more. I use their excitement about Halloween to make reading that much more fun.
Here are our 10 favorite Halloween picture books, organized alphabetically by author.
- Inside a House That Is Haunted by Alyssa Satin Capucilli
- Here Comes Halloween by Caroline Jayne Church
- There Was an Old Lady Who Swallowed a Bat! by Lucille Colandro
- Room on the Broom by Julia Donaldson
- Ghosts in the House! by Kazuno Kohara
- The Runaway Pumpkin by Kevin Lewis
- Halloween Day by Anne Rockwell
- 10 Trick-or-Treaters by Janet Schulman
- Big Pumpkin by Erica Silverman
- One Spooky Night by Kate Stone
There are so many terrific books about Halloween out there! Did I skip your family's favorite? Tell us about it on the Scholastic Parents Facebook Page!