A small private school is anxious to test its personalized learning model in the “real” world of education.
- NASCAR's program for grade 5-7 offers new ways to teach science.
- In his follow-up book, the author discusses how to welcome children into school and put them in charge of their learning.
- D.C.’s quiet but forceful leader is leaving, but she offers parting thoughts on replacing Rhee and her biggest surprise while in charge.
- D.C. schools share data, embrace blended models, and celebrate student success.
- Learn how you can take ideas from this tennis tournament back into your school district.
- Author Lois Bridges marvels at a secret underground library in Syria that houses 14,000 books.
- Spurred by the Common Core, forward-thinking schools are bringing more nonfiction into their classes—and they’re loving the results.
- Home visits, a once rare but growing practice, can lead to effective partnerships between schools and parents.
- This prolific California teacher blogs everywhere, and is always plugged into the top education trends.
Today's Top Ed News
- XQ Institute picks 10 schools; each will get $10 million. NYTimes
- School will not have one location, many students will work online. KPCC
- Students are emulating NFL protests, but facing penalties. ABC
- Homeschool option unlikely to be used by inner-city parents. ProPublica
- Groundbreaking case asserts literacy as a constitutional right. DetroitNews
ON OUR BLOGS
Afternoon Video: "The Home Stretch" Won An Emmy Last Week
Sep. 26, 2016 at 12:30PM
The Crisis of Chronic Absenteeism
Sep, 22, 2016 at 5:50PM
Students Composing and Producing Music In The Classroom
Sep. 26, 2016 at 11:40AM
Sep. 26, 2016 at 06:24AM
- Administrator’s New District Resources Page Find helpful case studies on topics that range from curricula to security to digital classrooms. See how school districts around the country are creating best practices in these areas and more.
Download your free case study about the daily hazards of student computing and how Lenovo durability makes all the difference.