Five ways principals can cultivate a love of reading in every student.
- The White House's Cecilia Muņoz compares the new bill to NCLB point-by-point.
- In the last four years, this small North Carolina district has become a national leader. So why are they messing with a winning formula?
- It turns out there are numerous connections between education and the Black Lives Matter movement.
- Anniversary summit starts tomorrow in D.C.; expect alums, celebs, charters.
- Penn. superintendent Mike Leichliter on how the community helps set district priorities.
(Photo courtesy of Penn Manor School District)
- How to use tech tools to help teach and engage students.
- Learn how this Florida district engages families, police, and athletes to help boost student reading.
- A Community Superintendent in Brooklyn, New York shares her professional resolutions for the New Year.
- The best way to make change is to ask how we can build it.
Today's Top Ed News
- No one is talking much about education during the presidential campaign (save Sanders and free college), but depending on who's in office, it will look drastically different. US News
- Disparate proposals are being floated by activists on the left and the right as states like Oklahoma, Indiana, and South Carolina grapple with teacher shortages. EdWeek
- Dept. of Ed creates a Student Aid Enforcement Office to protect students from universities luring them in with misleading marketing. NPR
- Listen: Three groups vie for control of public schools. NPR
- Opinions vary widely on interpreting ESSA. EdWeek
ON OUR BLOGS
Maps: Where The Districts Trying SES-Based Integration Are
Feb. 10, 2016 at 02:13PM
A Q & A About Writing, Reading and Storytelling with Author Carmen Agra Deedy
Feb, 10, 2016 at 7:39PM
Leadership: Building a Work History to Impact Districts
Feb. 8, 2016 at 04:00PM
Stand by Me
Feb. 10, 2016 at 09:13AM
- Mobile Device Management Collection This collection pack, curated by the editorial team at Administr@tor, dives deep into all aspects of mobile device management, from data and trends, to implementation and next steps. Learn how schools around the country have successfully managed mobile device programs for their schools and classrooms, and how you can learn from their experiences.
- Healthy Kids Collection This collection pack, curated by the Scholastic Professional Media editorial team, can help improve your students' overall health and well-being. The collection addresses the four pillars of living a healthy lifestyle: movement, nutrition, safety, and hand hygiene.
- ESL/ELL and Math Collection This collection pack, curated by the Scholastic Professional Media editorial team, will help motivate your students to excel, no matter where they are academically, where they live, or who they are. Learn how you can close the learning gap by providing your students with the motivation they need to succeed.