Research and Reports
The goal of Primary Sources is to ensure the voice of teachers is at the center of the dialogue surrounding education. This report is for educators, policymakers, education stakeholders and parents.
- The first edition, which was fielded in 2009 and surveyed more than 40,000 teachers, is widely considered the largest-ever survey of America’s teachers.
- The following second and third editions were fielded in 2011 and 2013, respectively.
- The third survey asked 20,000 teachers their views on the many changes occurring in America’s classroom. Acknowledging the fast pace of these changes, the 2014 Update shows the impact of one year on teachers’ views on the Common Core State Standards.
Kids & Family Reading Report
The Kids & Family Reading Report™ is a national survey sharing the views of both kids and parents on reading in the increasingly digital landscape and the influences that impact kids’ reading frequency and attitudes toward reading.
Compendium OF READ 180 Research
With 40 studies conducted over 15 years in a variety of settings in school districts across the country, the new Compendium of READ 180® Research demonstrates that READ 180 meets the literacy needs of even the most challenged students.
- In this compendium, be sure to look for the gold standard Striving Readers studies funded by the U.S. Department of Education that demonstrate READ 180®’s effectiveness with struggling readers, including incarcerated students.
- Also, don’t miss the ROI study in Napa which demonstrates that READ 180® provides a solid return on investment in education spending, as well as the quasi-experimental study showing student success in several KIPP NYC charter schools.