The following Terms for the Scholastic eWallet apply to Your access to and participation in the Scholastic eWallet.
1. The Scholastic eWallet (“eWallet”) is an online account, created by You and operated and administered by Scholastic Inc., a New York corporation.
2. The eWallet is designed to allow parents, guardians, friends and family members of a student to electronically contribute to a student’s ability to purchase books and related Scholastic Products at an In-School Scholastic Book Fair during the In-School Scholastic Book Fair dates or online at shop.scholastic.com/parents
3. The eWallet is a service available to all parents or guardians who have established an online Scholastic Account and who have a valid credit card or debit card or Scholastic eGift Card. Parents or guardians are required to provide their email address, Student’s name, educator’s name, grade, and cardholder information to create and fund the eWallet. A minimum of one dollar ($1.00) must be deposited to fund the eWallet. After creating and initially funding the eWallet, additional funds may be added to the eWallet at any time. Parents and Guardians may view contributor names and contribution amounts, along with the transaction history of the eWallet by logging onto their Scholastic Account.
4. eWallet Funds are intended for individual student use only. Parents or guardians with multiple students must create a separate eWallet for each student. An eWallet cannot be shared or transferred. At the end of the In-School Scholastic Book Fair, funds from multiple sources in the eWallet will be aggregated into a single eGift Card balance. Funds deposited into the eWallet are non-refundable and non-transferable.
5. eWallet Funds may be accessed by Students at a Scholastic Book Fair to purchase books and related Scholastic merchandise. Any funds remaining in the eWallet after a Scholastic Book Fair ends will be converted into an eGift Card balance and may be used to purchase Scholastic Products wherever Scholastic eGift Cards are accepted pursuant to the Scholastic eGift Card Terms & Conditions, including but not limited to online at The Scholastic Store Online Parents Store (shop.scholastic.com/parents), Scholastic Book Clubs (clubs.scholastic.com), or may be added to a future eWallet. The eWallet funds can only be used by the student associated with that eWallet. Funds may not be redeemed for cash, unless otherwise required by law. All funds in the eWallet are reflected in United Stated Dollars (USD). Every dollar contributed to an eWallet reflects the equivalent USD within the eWallet for the Student to use to purchase Scholastic Products, subject to these Terms.
6. Funds deposited into the eWallet may not exceed $1000.00 per deposit into the eWallet; and the total value that may exist in an eWallet on a single day may not exceed $5,000.00. Scholastic may choose to place further limits on the amount of funds that can be deposited into an eWallet in a day, without prior notice.
7. You must be a legal resident of the United States or its territories, at least 18 years of age or the age of majority in Your jurisdiction, to create and contribute to an eWallet. Although others may contribute to Your eWallet, Your eWallet is personal to You, and You are responsible for ensuring that no unauthorized person has access to Your eWallet. You are responsible for all activity within Your eWallet. Please safeguard your eWallet.
8. These Terms do not alter in any way the terms or conditions of any other agreement You may have with Scholastic for other products or services. Scholastic reserves the right to change or modify these Terms or any policy, FAQ, or guideline pertaining to the eWallet, in whole or in part, at any time and in its sole discretion without prior notice to You. Any changes or modifications will be effective immediately upon posting the revisions to https://www.scholastic.com/site/ewallet/terms.html and You waive any right You may have to receive specific notice of such changes or modifications, except as may be required by law. Your continued access to or participation in the eWallet following any such changes or modifications confirms Your acceptance of these Terms and such changes or modifications; therefore, You should frequently review these Terms and the FAQs and any additional guidelines pertaining to the eWallet so that You understand the terms and conditions that apply to Your access to, and participation in the eWallet. If You do not agree to these Terms, You must stop accessing, funding, and use of the eWallet.
10. Without notice to You or the Student, all funding and redemption activities associated with the eWallet may be suspended due to actual or suspected fraudulent activity.
11. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES. THE EWALLET IS PROVIDED "AS IS" AND WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. SCHOLASTIC, INC., DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. ADDITIONALLY, SCHOLASTIC, INC., DOES NOT WARRANT THAT ACCESS TO THIS SITE OR THE EWALLET WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR BE ERROR FREE.
12. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. THE SERVICES ARE PROVIDED SOLELY FOR YOUR CONVENIENCE. SCHOLASTIC, INC. ASSUMES NO RESPONSIBILITY WITH RESPECT TO, AND SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR, ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER BASED IN CONTRACT, TORT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR OTHERWISE, WHICH ARISES OUT OF OR IS IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH THE SERVICES.
13. CLASS ACTION AND JURY TRIAL WAIVER. YOU HEREBY CONSENT THAT ANY CLAIM, CONTROVERSY, OR DISPUTE RELATED TO OR ARISING OUT OF YOUR EWALLET OR YOUR SCHOLASTIC ACCOUNT, AND THESE TERMS (OR THE BREACH THEREOF) – WHETHER BASED IN CONTRACT, TORT, STATUTE, OR OTHER LEGAL THEORY (“DISPUTES”) – SHALL BE GOVERNED BY NEW YORK LAW, WITHOUT REGARD TO CONFLICTS OF LAWS PRINCIPLES, AND SHALL BE SUBJECT TO THE EXCLUSIVE JURISDICTION OF THE FEDERAL AND STATE COURTS IN NEW YORK COUNTY, NEW YORK, AND YOU HEREBYT WAIVE ANY DEFENSE OF LACK OF PERSONAL JURISDCTION AND/OR INCONVENIENT FORUM. WE AND YOU AGREE THAT DISPUTES MAY NOT BE AGGREGATED OR CONSOLIDATED, UNLESS WE AND YOU OTHERWISE AGREE IN WRITING. YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT BY CREATION AND USE OF THE EWALLET YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT WITH RESPECT TO ANY DISPUTE YOU ARE GIVING UP YOUR RIGHT TO HAVE A TRIAL BY JURY. YOU ARE GIVING UP YOUR RIGHT TO PARTICIPATE AS A MEMBER OF A CLASS OF CLAIMANTS, IN ANY ARBITRATION OR LAWSUIT INVOLVING ANY SUCH DISPUTE.
14. INDEMNIFICATION. You shall defend, indemnify and hold harmless Scholastic Inc., its affiliates and their officers, directors, employees and agents from and against any and all claims, liabilities, demands, costs, expenses, penalties or other actions arising from your use of the eWallet or violation of these Terms.
15. GOVERNING LAW. These Terms and its performance shall be governed by the laws of the State of New York, without regard to its conflict of law principles. You consent and submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the state and federal courts located in the State of New York, in all controversies arising out of Your use of the eWallet and these Terms.
16. CONTACT. If you have any questions related to the eWallet, please contact Scholastic via one of the following methods: