1. The Scholastic eGift Card (the “eGift Card”) is a digital only gift card issued by Scholastic Inc., which can be purchased only online at https://shop.scholastic.com/giftcard/purchase?lang=en_US .
2. The eGift Card is usable up to its balance only to purchase goods at Scholastic stores online set forth in Paragraph 3 below. eGift Cards can be used for online orders only and cannot be applied to orders placed offline. eGift Cards must be purchased separately from other Scholastic Products. eGift Cards may not be used to purchase other eGift Cards.
3. Scholastic eGift cards can be spent online only at Scholastic Book Clubs (clubs.scholastic.com), The Teacher Store (shop.scholastic.com/teachers), and/or the Scholastic Store (shop.scholastic.com/parents). eGift cards can be used for online orders only and cannot be applied to orders placed offline, or prior purchases. Scholastic eGift Cards may also be used to fund an eWallet for use at a participating Scholastic Book Fair, to make a purchase at participating in-school Scholastic Book Fairs where the point of sale device is online, or to purchase Scholastic Classroom Magazines. To ensure that your funds are applied to your Classroom Magazines order, please call 1-800-631-1586. Once you confirm with customer service, the money will be removed from your funds balance even if you have not yet received your invoice from Classroom Magazines showing the debit from your eGift card balance. In the Teacher Store (shop.scholastic.com/teachers), eGift Cards can only be used in combination with Credit Card payment and/or ClassroomsCountTM Classroom Funds and cannot be used in combination with other payment types (i.e. School Purchase Order or Invoice Me payment options). eGift cards cannot be used on our Reading is Fundamental (RIF) partner site. eGift cards cannot be used to purchase subscriptions to Scholastic Teachables at this time.
4. You may purchase an eGift Card at https://shop.scholastic.com/giftcard/purchase?lang=en_US and designate a date upon which the eGift Card is delivered (the “Delivery Date”). The Delivery Date of the eGift Card may be up to one hundred eighty (180) days beyond the date of purchase.
5. When purchasing an eGift Card, You must choose a design and select the dollar value of the eGift Card(s) and the email address(es) of the intended recipient(s). You may send an eGift card to up to 30 recipients in a single transaction. You authorize Us to charge Your credit card, debit card or other chosen electronic payment method at the time You purchase Your eGift Card regardless of the Delivery Date.
6. On the requested Delivery Date, We will send the recipient(s) of Your eGift Card an email notifying them that they have received an eGift Card from You. The email will contain the eGift Card number and personal identification number (PIN) associated with the eGift Card.
7. If you schedule delivery for a later time or date, as opposed to choosing to “send now”, Scholastic will also send You an email confirming that the eGift Card has been sent to the recipient’s email address on the designated date of delivery.
8. Neither Book Club Bonus Points nor Scholastic Dollars may be earned through the purchase of an eGift Card.
9. The eGift Card should be treated like cash by its recipient and safeguarded accordingly.
10. The eGift Card is only available in US dollars (USD). The value of the eGift Card cannot be changed once sent to the Recipient.
11. The eGift Card does not have an expiration date and the value of the eGift Card does not expire.
12. Scholastic does not charge any activation, service, dormancy or inactivity fees in connection with the eGift Card.
13. Scholastic eGift Cards are not redeemable for cash except where required by law.
14. Scholastic eGift Cards may not be resold or returned.
15. eGift Cards may be cancelled before the selected Delivery Date, but may not be cancelled or refunded after the Delivery Date. Contact 800-560-6816 for assistance with questions relating to cancellation of an eGift Card.
16. To redeem Your eGift Card visit account.scholastic.com/my-scholastic/profile/gift-card.html and create an online account with Scholastic by providing Your name and email address. For additional assistance regarding redemption of your eGift Card please see our Frequently Asked Questions.
17. You can check the balance of Your eGift Card by logging into Your Scholastic Account or by calling 800-560-6816. eGift Cards, once added to your account, become part of your overall eGift Card balance and will be reflected in the balance shown in Your Account.
18. No more than $2,000 may be associated with any one eGift Card in a single day. The total value You may load onto all of Your eGift Cards, together with the value of any new eGift Cards that You may purchase, may not exceed $10,000 on any given day.
19. The following limitations on the use of eGift Card funds apply: At the time of check out on the Scholastic Store, Your eGift Card balance may be used in conjunction with eWallet funds. At the time of checkout on the Teacher Store, Your eGift Card balance may not be used in conjunction with Purchase Order or Invoice Me payment types. eGift cards cannot be used to purchase subscriptions to Scholastic Teachables. eGift cards also may not be used for purchases at an in-school Scholastic Book Fair where the point of sale device is not connected to the internet.
20. Educators may not combine eGift Card funds with Scholastic ClassroomsCount™ Funds into one balance, however eGift Card Funds may be used at check out along with Scholastic ClassroomsCount™ Funds.
21. You must be a legal resident of the United States or its territories, at least 18 years of age or the age of majority in Your jurisdiction, to purchase an eGift Card. Although another individual may purchase Your eGift Card for You, Your eGift Card is personal to You, and You are responsible for ensuring that no unauthorized person has access to Your eGift Card. You are responsible for all activity related to Your eGift Card after receipt thereof. Please safeguard Your eGift Card.
22. These Terms do not alter in any way the terms or conditions of any other agreement You may have with Scholastic for other products or services. Scholastic reserves the right to change or modify these Terms or any policy, FAQ, or guideline pertaining to the eGift Cards, in whole or in part, at any time and in its sole discretion without prior notice to You. Any changes or modifications will be effective immediately upon posting the revisions to https://www.scholastic.com/site/egiftcards/terms.html and You waive any right You may have to receive specific notice of such changes or modifications, except as may be required by law. Your continued access to, or use of Your eGift Card following any such changes or modifications confirms Your acceptance of these Terms and such changes or modifications; therefore, You should frequently review these Terms and the FAQs and any additional guidelines pertaining to eGift Cards so that You understand the terms and conditions that apply to Your access to, and use of eGift Cards. If You do not agree to these Terms, You must stop accessing, purchasing and utilizing Scholastic eGift Cards.
24. Without notice to You, Scholastic and its affiliates reserve the right to refuse to accept eGift Cards that Scholastic suspects or believes were obtained fraudulently.
25. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES. YOUR EGIFT CARD IS PROVIDED "AS IS" AND WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW SCHOLASTIC INC., DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. ADDITIONALLY, SCHOLASTIC INC., DOES NOT WARRANT THAT ACCESS TO THIS SITE OR YOUR eGIFT CARD WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR BE ERROR FREE.
26. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. THE SCHOLASTIC eGIFT CARD IS PROVIDED SOLELY FOR YOUR CONVENIENCE. SCHOLASTIC INC. ASSUMES NO RESPONSIBILITY WITH RESPECT TO, AND SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR, ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER BASED IN CONTRACT, TORT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR OTHERWISE, WHICH ARISES OUT OF OR IS IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH USE OF THE eGIFT CARD.
27. CLASS ACTION AND JURY TRIAL WAIVER. YOU HEREBY CONSENT THAT ANY CLAIM, CONTROVERSY, OR DISPUTE RELATED TO OR ARISING OUT OF YOUR eGIFT CARD OR YOUR SCHOLASTIC ACCOUNT, AND THESE TERMS (OR THE BREACH THEREOF) – WHETHER BASED IN CONTRACT, TORT, STATUTE, OR OTHER LEGAL THEORY (“DISPUTES”) – SHALL BE GOVERNED BY NEW YORK LAW, WITHOUT REGARD TO CONFLICTS OF LAWS PRINCIPLES, AND SHALL BE SUBJECT TO THE EXCLUSIVE JURISDICTION OF THE FEDERAL AND STATE COURTS IN NEW YORK COUNTY, NEW YORK, AND YOU HEREBY WAIVE ANY DEFENSE OF LACK OF PERSONAL JURISDCTION AND/OR INCONVENIENT FORUM. WE AND YOU AGREE THAT DISPUTES MAY NOT BE AGGREGATED OR CONSOLIDATED, UNLESS WE AND YOU OTHERWISE AGREE IN WRITING. YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT BY CREATION AND USE OF YOUR eGIFT CARD YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT WITH RESPECT TO ANY DISPUTE YOU ARE GIVING UP YOUR RIGHT TO HAVE A TRIAL BY JURY. YOU ARE GIVING UP YOUR RIGHT TO PARTICIPATE AS A MEMBER OF A CLASS OF CLAIMANTS, IN ANY ARBITRATION OR LAWSUIT INVOLVING ANY SUCH DISPUTE.
28. INDEMNIFICATION. You shall defend, indemnify and hold harmless Scholastic Inc., its affiliates, subsidiaries, and their officers, directors, employees and agents from and against any and all claims, liabilities, demands, costs, expenses, penalties or other actions arising from Your use of Your eGift Card or violation of these Terms.
29. CONTACT. If You have any questions related to Your eGift Card, please contact Scholastic via one of the following methods: