Making my child’s screen time educational is a must in our home, and these five math apps are great resources. Whether counting, practicing math facts, or adding fractions, your math-learner will be begging you to play with these fun and interactive apps and games. Your child won't even realize all the math he's doing!
1. Counting Caterpillar This counting app is perfect for preschoolers and kindergarteners learning to count. It teaches the basics of counting by ones and then increases to the concept of skip counting by 2, 5, and 10. The app is colorful and creative, and your child will love earning beautiful butterflies.
2. Math Learning Center Math Learning Center offers 10 free apps based on visual models for a wide range of ages. These visual models are great tools to help children see how math works and better understand it. The apps include fractions, number frames, math vocabulary cards, number lines, pattern shapes, and more.
3. Splash Math Splash Math is a comprehensive app that covers many topics. It’s fun and interactive, and allows for math practice at an individual pace. Topics covered are addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, geometry, time, money, fractions, decimals, and much more.
4. Math Slide Math Slide is an ultimate favorite.It's a program that offers four different apps that focus on place value and basic math facts.* Each app has 10 different games that focus on a specific skill and can be played with up to four different players.
5. Reflex Math Reflex Math is one of the best math apps around for teaching children math facts (+, -, x, ÷). The app focuses specifically on math fact fluency and being able to recall math facts from memory quickly. The app teaches ways to memorize each fact and practice them through fun games.
Your child will love playing with these apps, creating math problems and using tools to help study and complete homework. These apps are a great way to help your child get hands-on math experience and deepen his number sense in an engaging way.
*Any mathematical number, fact or idea instantly recalled without resorting to strategies. c/o Reference.com
Featured Photo Credit: © kickimages/iStockphoto