Prep time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Even kids who hate fish love shrimp, and this dish is a real crowd-pleaser. Buy the shrimp already peeled and deveined, and add or subtract vegetables according to what your family likes. Serves 4.
What you need:
- 1/2 pound uncooked spaghetti
- 1/2 cup Italian salad dressing
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3/4 pound uncooked shrimp, shelled and deveined, thawed if frozen
- 1 small head broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 small zucchini, ends trimmed cut into 1/2-inch half moons
- 2 tablespoons water
- 10 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
What to do:
- Cook the spaghetti in a large pot of boiling, salted water according to package directions. When finished, drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, stir together the salad dressing and the garlic.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat the oil. Saute the shrimp for 2 minutes or until pink. Remove shrimp from skillet.
- Add broccoli, zucchini, and water to the skillet and cook 3 minutes, covered.
- Stir in the salad dressing and heat for 1 minute. Stir in the tomatoes and basil and cook 1 minute.
- Combine spaghetti, shrimp, and sauce and serve with Parmesan cheese.