What you need:
- Books of fairy tales (optional)
- Pen or pencil
What to do:
- With your child, think of a favorite fairy tale or folktale. This could be a current favorite, or something your child loved when she was younger.
- How did the tale end? Challenge your child to think of a different ending. This could be a different ending altogether or a description of what happens later. For instance, Cinderella decides she prefers to return to her stepmother's house to help out, or the Three Little Pigs later go into the home security business.
- Invite your child to write and even illustrate her new version of the story.
- Finally, she can use this as a script to act out the new twist on a familiar tale.