Does your child dream of other countries and cities she'd love to visit? Encourage that creativity and wanderlust by creating a DIY travel brochure that is sure to spark future voyages.
What you need:
- Construction paper
- Travel brochures
- Atlas or maps
What to do:
- Look at travel brochures or magazines with your child. Why might tourists want to visit those places?
- With your child, choose a place that you would like to visit and locate it on a map.
- Make a list of at least three reasons why this location would attract visitors.
- Fold a piece of construction paper into three sections and use each section to explain a reason for visiting. Be sure to include enough information so that someone could make an informed decision about visiting that location. You might even want to visit a library or use the Internet to find out more about the location.
- Illustrate your brochure with drawings or with pictures cut from magazines or travel brochures.