What you need:
- World map
- Push pins or thumb tacks
Greetings to Start Your Collection
- Hello ... USA, UK, Canada, Australia, New Zealand
- Apa kabar (AH-pah KAH-bar) ... Indonesia
- Ciao (chow) ... Italy
- Salut (sa-LEW) ... France
- Tag, wie geht's? (TAG, vee-GETS) ... Germany
- Hola (OH-lah) ... Spain, Mexico
- Kia ora (KEE-ah OH-rah) ... New Zealand (Maori)
- Chao (chow) ... Vietnam
- Goede dag (GOO-tuh DAHG) ... Netherlands
- Goddag (god-DAH) ... Denmark
- Szervusz (SAIR-voos) ... Hungary
What to do:
- Cut speech bubbles out of paper.
- Write the greetings from our list on the speech bubbles.
- Pin the greetings on the appropriate country (or countries) on a map of the world.
- You can also include some informal greetings as well. ("Hi" — USA; "How's it going, mate?" — Australia)
- Use online or library resources to find greetings from other countries, as well as other information about life in other countries.