What you need:
- pencil with eraser
- pen or marker
What to do:
- Use the ruler and pen to make a crossword grid. It should be approximately 15 spaces across and 15 spaces down.
- Invite your child to select two words that have at least one letter in common.
- She can then figure out how to "cross" the words by writing one horizontally and one vertically, so that the words share a letter where they intersect.
- Next, encourage her to finish by adding as many more words as possible to the grid. For an extra challenge, she can create grids using with words that have a common topic, such as sports or music.
- supports spelling abilities
- develops analytical thinking and problem-solving skills
- encourages creativity