What you need:
- Egg carton
- Dried leaves
- Green chenille stems
- Small pom-poms
- Acorn caps
- Tacky glue
What to do:
- Gather brightly colored leaves that have already fallen. Make sure that they are in good shape and are not too brittle.
- Gather acorn caps. You'll only need the tops, so leave the bottom nut part for the squirrels.
- Parents only: Cut the egg carton into individual cups. Poke a hole into the bottom of each cup.
- Tie a knot at the end of a chenille stem and insert into each cup. This will be the flower's stem.
- To create the petals, use tacky glue to attach the leaves onto the outside of the egg carton cup. For a realistic flower, use leaves from the same type of tree. For a more eccentric flower, use leaves of different colors and shapes.
- Glue the pom-pom inside the cup. Then, glue the acorn cap onto the pom-pom.
- Repeat to make a complete bouquet.