What you need:
- small sturdy paper plates with rims
- dried beans
- craft glue
- markers or watercolors
- hole punch
What to do:
- Measure out a couple of tablespoons of beans and place them in the bottom of a paper plate. Glue around the rim of that paper plate.
- Gently place a second plate on top and press lightly around the rim. Allow time to dry.
- Use a hole punch to create holes around the rim. Thread pieces of yarn or ribbon through the holes and tie in a knot to further secure and add decoration to the plates.
- Invite your child to decorate the tambourine.
- Tap and shake out a simple rhythm, and jam away.