What you need:
- Milk cartons (or jars)
- Construction paper
- Stickers and markers
- Potting soil
What to do:
- Have your child glue construction paper over the milk cartons and decorate with pictures of the plant being grown.
- Invite her to scoop soil into the container, and help her plant the seeds. (We love carrots, peas, and alfalfa sprouts.)
- To hang, punch holes in the container and string with yarn.
- If using a jar, loop yarn underneath the jar and secure it with colored tape around the jar's neck.
- Hang the planters in a sunny area, water them each day, and observe the growing process.