What you need:
- Empty half-gallon milk or juice carton
- Scissors (adult and child)
- Paper towels
What to do:
- Wash out and dry the carton. Create flaps on the sides of the carton by drawing a rectangle on each side and cutting out three sides of each rectangle, leaving the top intact.
- Ask your child to help you fill the carton with birdseed and seal the top of the carton with tape. Then punch a hole in the top of the carton and run string through the hole and open the flaps out. Hang the carton outside.
- Record the kinds of birds that come to eat and the different times of day that they feed.