What you need:
- rope or cord (approximately 3–4 feet long)
- large plastic binder clips or clothespins
- objects to hang from cord (photos, ribbons, rattles, small stuffed animals)
What to do:
- Thread the clips or clothespins onto the rope.
- Hang the objects you have chosen from the clips.
- Tie the rope securely over your baby's crib or changing table.
- Jiggle the toys softly and talk with your baby about what she is seeing. You can talk about the objects' names, the colors, how they are moving, or what is pictured in the photos.
- This activity is best for small babies who can't yet reach or pull; still, you should remove the mobile when you are done playing with it.