What you need:
- Construction paper
- Paintbrush (a larger one will work best)
- Salt shaker
What to do:
1. To prepare, cut stars out of construction paper. They can be a variety of colors and sizes.
2. Invite your toddler to help you glue the stars onto sheets of construction paper. She can use a paintbrush to spread the glue.
3. Next, have her "paint" glue onto the tops of the stars and sprinkle salt on the glue.
4. When the glue dries, talk about how the stars sparkle and twinkle. You can even sing "Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star."
5. Help your toddler spot other things that sparkle in your house or when you are out for a walk.