What you need:
- 2 sheets of waxed paper
- construction paper
- plastic knife
- iron (for adult use)
What to do:
- Invite your child to decide on a design for his stained glass "window" and to choose which colors to use.
- Use the plastic knife to shave the crayons over the waxed paper. Arrange the shavings to make a design or picture.
- Place the second sheet of waxed paper on top of the first. Iron the paper with a warm iron (you should do this — not your child!).
- Cut a picture frame out of construction paper and glue it around the picture.
- Encourage your child to experiment with different colors or color blends, designs or patterns, and shavings of assorted thicknesses. How do they affect how the final picture looks?
- Hang up the stained glass in the window and enjoy!