What you need:
- Small zipper plastic baggie
- Clear packing tape
- Shaving cream
- Food coloring
What to do:
- Squirt a handful of shaving cream into a plastic baggie. Add 3 or 4 drops of food coloring.
- Zip the baggie closed, and then use packing tape to secure the top.
- Invite your child to squish and squeeze the baggie. Encourage her to watch how the colors spread throughout the shaving cream. ("First it was white. Now it is blue.") You can also use two colors so that your child can observe what happens when colors mix.
- Describe what your child is doing and how the shaving cream feels: "That is squishy and soft. Now you are drawing lines in the shaving cream." Be sure to watch your toddler carefully so that she does not pop the bag (or so that you can grab it if she does!).