What you need:
- Empty salt or oatmeal container
What to do:
- Prepare by poking holes in one end of an empty salt or oatmeal container. Fill with sand, and seal up the opposite end with tape.
- Use glue to make a design on the cardboard. This could involve geometric shapes, pictures (such as a house), or simple patterns.
- Help your child shake sand onto the cardboard. After the glue is covered, pick up the cardboard, and shake off the excess glue.
- After the glue dries, discuss the shapes with your child. What can she find? Straight lines? Circles?
- Develops fine-motor skills
- Enhances creativity
- Supports language development