What you need:
- photos of your child
- travel magazines
- crayons or markers
- construction paper
What to do:
- Locate several photos where you can cut your child out of the background (to place her in another photo).
- With your child, look through travel magazines or other magazines with photos of foreign countries or different areas of our country. Select locations you both think would be fun and interesting to visit. Talk about how near or far they are from where you live. How would you get there? How long would it take? What do people do there?
- Cut these photos out of the magazines and glue them to a cardboard backing. Next, allow your child to place photos of herself in the magazine photos.
- Glue construction paper onto an additional piece of cardboard to make a cover. Invite your child to decorate the cover of her storybook.
- Use the scissors to punch holes in the pages and string them together with yarn.
- Now that you have a storybook about your child's world travels, take turns "reading" it to each other and creating stories about her adventures.