What you need:
- colored construction paper (thicker paper works best) and a printer
- crayons, markers, or colored pencils
- optional: googly eyes, glitter, yarn, pipe cleaners
What to do:
- Print out the dinosaur puppet templates from the link below and have your child color them. They can also choose to draw their own dinosaurs (have them try to make them around the same size as the ones on the template). Dinosaurs can be colored traditionally or fantastical (with crazy, fun colors). Encourage your child to have fun imagining what the dinosaurs might have looked like.
- If the paper is flimsy, glue it to cardboard backing once your child has completed coloring. When the glue dries, cut out the dinosaur shapes and finger holes.
- Once the shapes have been cut out, they can be decorated further with googly eyes, glitter, yarn, or pipe cleaners.
- Once all glue has dried, the roaring good times can begin! Children can make up puppet plays starring their dinosaur creations, or create funny songs and dances that the dinosaurs can act out with a little fancy finger work.
- Encourages creativity
- Labeled dinosaur templates help children learn about and identify dinosaurs