What you need:
- old socks
- fabric scraps
- faux fur
What to do:
- Invite your child to make a simple sock puppet. He might want to make an animal he’d like to have as a pet. Glue fabric scraps, faux fur and yarn to socks.
- Use buttons and yarn for the face and any whiskers.
- Put on a show! Build a simple puppet stage by hanging an old sheet over a table or turning a table on its side.
- Talk with your child about questions he might have about animals, and turn the questions into a script. For example, What kind of animal are you? What is your name? How old are you? What do you eat? Where do you sleep?
- Encourages creativity
- Develops fine motor skills
- Promotes pretend play