What you need:
- A smooth, clean rock (from your backyard or local craft store)
- Green, orange, and white paint
- Different color markers
- Glue, fabric scraps, yarn, felt, googly-eyes (optional)
What to do:
- Tell your child the tale of the Blarney Stone — the most famous rock in all of Ireland. Located in Blarney Castle, legend has it that whoever should kiss the stone will have a lifelong “gift of gab.”
- Have your child paint her rock green (or green, orange, and white — the colors of the Irish flag).
- Once the rock is dry, let your child decorate his Blarney Stone with markers, or make a face on it.
- Together, you and your child can each give the Blarney Stone a kiss and gab away about leprechauns, shamrocks, pots of gold, and all the fun that St. Patrick’s Day has to offer!