What you need:
- scraps of felt
- craft glue
What to do:
- Trace the shape of your child's finger on a piece of felt.
- Cut out a pair of rectangles slightly larger than her finger. Join the two pieces together by gluing the side and top edges. Leave the bottom edges open for the finger opening. (You could also cut off the finger tops from an old pair of gloves.)
- Once the glue dries, use scissors to round the top of the head.
- With markers, draw monkey features on the felt face or glue on eyes, noses, and mouths made out of felt.
- Try out this finger play: Five little monkeys jumping on the bed. One fell off and bumped his head. Mama called the doctor and the doctor said, "No more monkeys jumping on the bed!"