What you need:
- My First Taggies, by Kaori Wantanabe (optional)
- Several pieces of cardboard
- Hole punch
- Any other kind of fabric
- Permanent marker
What to do:
- If available, read My First Taggies with your child. Introduce him to the different sensations of touching different fabrics.
- Cut the fabrics into squares.
- Glue each fabric square onto a piece of cardboard.
- Underneath each square, write the type of fabric in large, legible letters.
- Punch two holes on the top edge of each piece of cardboard and string all the pieces together into a tent-style book so that your child can flip back and forth to compare.
- Go through the book with your child so that she can explore the new and exciting world of her sense of touch.