What you need:
- paper clay (a non-toxic moldable material made from very finely ground paper; it dries in the air and is not sticky like conventional clays. Find it at arts and crafts supply stores)
- clean glass jelly or sauce jars
What to do:
- Invite your child to plan a design for her vase.
- Press paper clay over a glass jar according to her design. Or try experimenting: roll out long strips of clay to wrap around the jar or make shapes like hearts or stars to stick onto the jar. You can even clear away or leave some parts of the glass uncovered to see inside.
- Set the vase aside to dry for 24 hours, then fill with flowers!