What you need:
- felt (one large, solid square as well as scraps in various colors)
- bamboo garden stake, cut in two to fit the length of the square
- fabric glue
What to do:
- Cut out a square of felt to use as the background. Fold the top and bottom of the square over the bamboo stake and attach with fabric glue or sew into place.
- Cut shapes from the felt and glue them together with fabric glue. Be creative! Make school scenes, fall leaves, rain clouds, and whatever else you'd like. Encourage your child to notice how shapes make up many familiar objects in his surroundings.
- Attach a length of yarn to the top of the square so you can hang it on the wall.
- Arrange and rearrange the felt shapes on the background — they'll stick on their own!