What you need:
- construction paper
- decorating supplies of your choice (markers, crayons, glitter)
- hole puncher
- ribbon or yarn
- photos of your child
What to do:
1. Create content for the book.
o At the beginning and end of the year, interview your child. Ask about their favorite colors, foods, games, friends, etc.
o Every month, do some sort of creative writing. Ask them questions like “Who are you thankful for?” “What would you do if a dinosaur came to live with you?”
o Write down their responses, and have them illustrate their answers.
o Help your child to write a poem about himself. It could be as simple as an acrostic:
Makes me happy
2. Gather photos of your child taken throughout the year.
Other activities from school could be added as well (i.e., stories, pictures, self-portraits, handprints, etc.).
3. Punch three holes in each page that you create.
4. Put ribbon or yarn through each hole to bind the book together, and help your child create the cover.