What you need:
- various objects for tracing circles, such as paper cups, spools, film canisters, old records, bowls, yogurt containers
- tempera paints
- paint brushes
- 12" x 18" paper
What to do:
- Display all the round objects on the table and talk about which object will make the largest and smallest circle prints.
- Show your child how to dip the mouth of the cups in tempera paint to make an outline of a circle and print on the paper. Model how to use the paintbrush to cover the whole object for a solid circle.
- Encourage your child to make different-sized circles all over her paper. Colors and circles can overlap.
- Allow to dry. Display the work for all to enjoy.