The world can be a scary place. While we can’t shield our kids from everything, we can give them tools to protect themselves. One not to miss: Ruby’s Studio: The Safety Show, a new video from The Mother Company. It teaches concepts like “You’re the boss of your body” and “Listen to your ‘uh-oh’ feeling.” Our favorite part: a craft tutorial for an armband that hides a phone number, ideal for outings with large crowds. Read the instructions here and watch a video of how to make this craft!
What You Need:
- 2 rolls of 2" duct tape, different colors
- Number stickers
- Clear packing tape
- Decorative stickers
- Sticky Velcro
- Cut two 8" pieces from one roll of tape and place them side by side with the sticky sides up.
- Cut one 8" piece of the other color. Place it sticky side down over the "seam," joining the two pieces together.
- Fold the outside edges in.
- Flip the cuff over and stick the phone number of a trusted adult on the tape. Cover with clear packing tape.
- Decorate the other side with stickers and cover with clear tape.
- Place a piece of Velcro on the left edge of the numbered side. Flip over and put the second piece of Velcro on the right edge.
- Have your child wear the cuff with the number on the inside.