Makes 2 dozen
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ cup oil
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- ¼ cup milk
- 3 cups flour
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 2 cups confectioners’ sugar (sifted)
- 2 Tbsp water
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- Zest of one lemon
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Beat eggs, sugar, oil, vanilla, and milk in an electric mixer. Sift flour and baking powder together and add gradually to the wet ingredients until it forms a dough. You may have some flour left over.
- Shape into 2 disks and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Gently shape dough into 1" balls (avoid overworking it) and place on greased cookie sheet.
- Bake 15 minutes for soft cookies or 20 minutes for crumbly. Let cool.
- For the icing, whip confectioners’ sugar and water together until smooth. Add lemon juice and zest.
- Dip the top of each cookie in glaze. (Add more sugar/water if it’s not dipping easily.) Store in an airtight tin between layers of waxed paper.
More holiday cookie ideas: