Packed with flavor and vitamins, these cookies are delicious with hot apple cider after an afternoon playing in the snow.
What you need:
- nonstick vegetable spray
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup molasses
- 2 egg whites
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/3 cup nonfat dry milk
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 cup grated carrots
- 1 1/4 cups instant oatmeal
- 1/2 cup golden raisins (optional)
- walnuts (up to 1/2 cup; optional)
What to do:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Coat 2 cookie sheets with nonstick vegetable spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat together oil, brown sugar, molasses, and egg whites
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, nutmeg, dry milk, and cinnamon.
- Add the dry mixture to the oil mixture.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the flour and oil mixture.
- Mix well with a whisk or let kids crumble together the ingredients with clean hands.
- Drop rounded teaspoons of the dough onto the cookie sheets,
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned around the edges.
- Remove the cookies, cool, and serve. Or freeze to serve later.
Makes two dozen cookies.
Photo Credit: Sarahdoow/iStockphoto