- Be car-free. Walk or bike to school — not only is it good for the body, it's good for the environment too!
- Make a bird feeder or house. Use a milk carton, a large water or soda bottle, or a pine cone.
- Create recycling bins. Cut out pictures of plastic bottles, paper, and aluminum cans and glue them to the bins. Practice sorting together!
- Make positive promises. Fill a journal with resolutions for how your family can help the earth. Decorate it with photographs, poems, and pictures.
- Grow something. Plant a seed, sprout, flower, or tree in a pot, garden, or backyard. Find more gardening activities here.
- Spread the love. Make and decorate Earth Day cards using recycled materials. Include an Earth Day celebration tip, and send them to friends and family.
Photo Credit: Susan Chiang/iStockphoto