Cleo & Her Kitty
It’s a cinch to pull this off: Raid your closet for anything white — shirt and leggings, a tunic or dress — and add a gold belt. Your baby can wear black or white leggings and a T-shirt. Find a cool wig and snake bracelet at costumecraze.com.
- Gold cupcake liners are the secret weapon here. Assemble from the bottom up: Fold nine liners in half; staple them together in a soft V-shape.
- Assemble the next row using seven liners; staple to the bottom row. Make and attach two more rows, one with five liners, one with three. Use mini liners to trim the top.
- When you're done, staple or safety-pin the necklace to your dress.
- Get two different-colored pieces of felt: one color for the inner ear, one for the outer. Cut out two pairs of teardrop-shaped ears.
- Glue the inner ears to the outer ones. Stitch or safety-pin the ears to a cap.
- For the tail, twist together two sets of three pipe cleaners. Then twist the sets together end-to-end to form a column.
- Wrap the column in black felt and glue it together.
- Safety-pin the tail to the waistband of the leggings.
- Cut the legs off two pairs of tights that match your “flavor.” Use one leg per layer (toss the extra).
- Size the first layer to your head and snip off any extra. Tie off one end.
- Stuff with polyester fill (available at craft stores) and folded paper towels so the tube stays firm.
- Twist the tube into a circle and knot the two ends together.
- Repeat steps three and four for the second and third layers. Make each layer about 4 inches shorter than the previous.
- Glue the first two layers together with fabric glue; form the third into a spiral, gluing it down as you go.
- Adorn a solid-color dress with round, removable color-coding labels from an office-supply store.
- Glue different-sized pom-poms onto a headband to finish the look.
- Download our Rainbow Sprinkles Sash online at Scholastic.com/sprinkles.