What you need:
What to do:
- Write your child's name twice, on two separate sheets of paper. Remember to write using standard print. Then continue on for everyone in the family to make it interesting.
- Cut the letters apart from one of each person's name strips and place them in the pot, explaining that it's a pretend "pot of soup."
- Give each player the strip of paper with his own name on it; or lay out all the names in front of your child — he can play for everyone.
- Pass the "pot of soup" around, along with a small wooden spoon, and invite everyone to stir the letters.
- Ask players to pick a letter from the pot. If the letter matches one of the letters on their name card, they place it on top of the letter. If it doesn't match, they put it back in the pot and pass the pot to the next person.
- Play until your child finds all of the letters that match his name card.