Who doesn’t love a good scare? And what's more deliciously scary to kids than a zombie or two?! This collection of fun, fictional zombie tales for kids ages eight and up isn't too gory. In fact, these books are often hilariously funny, and will have your child begging for just one page...or begging you to not turn off the light!
1. When Judd’s failed science experiment inadvertently ends up in the goldfish bowl, the Night of the Zombie Goldfish (Monstrous Stories #1) by Dr. Roach was born! With mutant zombie goldfish now plaguing their town, Judd and his best friend, Zak, have got to find a way to return these giant, scaly critters back to their former, innocent fishy selves.
2. In Captain Underpants and the Invasion of the Incredibly Naughty Cafeteria Ladies from Outer Space (and the Subsequent Assault of the Equally Evil Lunchroom Zombie Nerds) by Dav Pilkey, George and Harold’s prank goes too far, resulting in all of their fellow school students being transformed into evil zombie nerds by alien invaders! Now they must fight alongside Captain Underpants to save their school, and the world, from imminent destruction.
3. In The Zero Degree Zombie Zone by Patrik Henry Bass, fourth-grader Bakari prefers to go about his day without drawing attention to himself, which is much more difficult when the ruler of an icy zombie zone suspects you of stealing his magical ring! Bakari doesn’t have it but his annoying classmate Keisha does. Can Bakari and his best friend Wardell find a way to team up with Keisha and her cousin, Tariq, to close the hole to the zombie zone for good?
4. For those looking for a super scary thrill, slip on the 3D glasses included with 3D Chillers: Vampires, Zombies and Werewolves by Deborah Kespert for a closer look at the zombies, along with vampires, werewolves and other beasts, that will jump off of the pages at you!
5. In Rotten Apple #1: Mean Ghouls by Stacia Deutsch, we meet Megan Murry, a regular girl who is infected with zombitus — a contagious zombie disease! As her zombie transformation begins, Megan is sent to the Zombie Academy until a cure can be found. Megan dreams of returning to her regular life but must first negotiate lifeless teachers and a dreadful clique of mean ghouls who she's sure is behind the disappearance of the very cure Megan needs.
6. Once upon a time, a girl skipped into the forest and became a zombie….Wait, no, that's not how this story is supposed to go! In Beanstalker and Other Hilarious Scarytales by Kiersten While, the traditional tales we know and love are twisted into very funny, quite icky, and delightfully spooky scarytales!
7. In Goosebumps Most Wanted Special Edition #1: Zombie Halloween by R.L. Stine, 12-year-old Kenny and his family have recently moved into Grandpa Mo’s old, dilapidated house, which just happens to be located directly across the street from a creepy old graveyard in a town where seemingly everyone’s obsessed by zombies. When they see a neighboring family move three coffins into their house, Kenny and his new friends decide to form a zombie patrol, uncovering much more than they bargained for!