Print this Winter Word Search and use it to get your kids into the wintertime spirit!
But wait. Like we’ve said before, don’t just throw it at your kids and be done with it. Prep your children in super-simple ways that will help him or her find these words quickly and easily!
Get chatting! Generate some wintertime excitement by talking about winter memories.
Take a minute to read each of the Words To Find. You read the word first and then have your child repeat it. Use the word in a sentence or ask your child to tell you what he or she knows about the word.
Remind your child how a word search works. Talk about the ways you can identify the words you find (circle it or highlight it) and that you keep track of the words on the bottom by crossing them off as you find them.
Grab the writing utensils you need (pencil, pen, or highlighter).
- Start searching and have fun!
Want a few cool extension activities?
- Challenging your child to write a story with as many words from the puzzle as possible;
- Having your child create a sentence with each word;
- Writing a collaborative story with your child;
- Drawing a picture of a wintertime scene.
What are your favorite types of word puzzles to complete with kids? We’d love to know!