As you look for a book series to tempt your 8- to 10-year-old, be aware that there is a wide array of reading abilities across these ages. Some of the authors who really seem to "get" what resonates with this age group include:
- Roald Dahl — this gift set includes four classic titles
- Beverly Cleary — introduce your child to her beloved Ramona books
- Lois Lowry — share the Newbery Medal-winning Giver series
- Louis Sachar — all sorts of wacky things happen at the Wayside school
- Mary Pope Osborne — the Magic Tree House books will whisk your child through time
- Judy Blume — the five Fudge books will get kids laughing
Shop more popular book series for kids ages 8 to 10 below! Plus, explore our Scholastic Parents book lists to discover the best children's books by age, interest, and more. You can find all books and activities at The Scholastic Store.
Teacher Appreciation Week is May 2-6! Show your gratitude with a Scholastic eGift Card.
For more quick tips and book recommendations, sign up for our Scholastic Parents newsletter!
You'll also get 10% off your first order at the Scholastic Store Online.