Young readers can travel throughout history without leaving the comfort of home with Mary Pope Osbourne's award-winning series, The Magic Tree House. The series follows Jack and Annie, a pair of siblings who embark on time-traveling, globe-spanning adventures with the help of spellbinding books and a tree house filled with mysterious powers.
Best for young readers beginning their journey into the world of chapter books, the original Magic Tree House books detail Jack and Annie's adventures around the world and across time, from the Ice Age to Ancient Greece. Better suited for advanced readers who want to challenge themselves, the Magic Tree House Merlin Missions series transports readers to faraway lands as Jack and Annie take on quests from Merlin the Magician himself. Learn more about the series below:
1. Join Jack and Annie as they uncover the powers of The Magic Tree House and meet an ancient Egyptian queen, a Tyrannosaurus rex, and real-life swashbuckling pirates in Magic Tree House Boxed Set (Books 1–4.)
2. The adventures continue in Magic Tree House Boxed Set (Books 5–8), where Jack and Annie journey from the Amazon rainforest all the way to the surface of the moon!
3. The brave siblings get up close and personal with wildlife, from swimming with bottlenose dolphins to dancing with a family of polar bears in Magic Tree House Boxed Set (Books 9–12.)
4. Jack and Annie witness key moments in ancient history, from the very first Olympics in Greece to a Viking invasion in ancient Ireland, in Magic Tree House Boxed Set (Books 13–16.)
5. American history comes to life in the Magic Tree House Volumes 21–24 Boxed Set: American History Quartet; Jack and Annie are tasked with difficult quests that bring them to the American Revolution, the Civil War, a San Franciscan earthquake, and a twister in the Great Plains. Get an extra dose of American history with the nonfiction companion piece, Magic Tree House: American Revolution.
6. Read along as Jack and Annie come face to face with William Shakespeare in England and dine with the Pilgrims and Native Americans at the very first Thanksgiving in the Magic Tree House Volumes 25–28 Boxed Set.
7. Get all the above adventures and more in the comprehensive, excitement-filled Magic Tree House Boxed Set: Books 1–28, complete with a collective box that resembles the Magic Tree House itself!
8. For older readers who want to grow with their favorite fictional siblings, the Magic Tree House Merlin Missions books are double the length of the classic Magic Tree House works, featuring smaller print and a more advanced reading level. Tag along with the siblings as they meet some of history's greatest figures from Mozart to da Vinci and travel around the globe to fulfill Merlin's quests.
9. Before your little reader takes inspiration from Jack and Annie and goes on an adventure, have her read The Magic Tree House Survival Guide. Packed with illustrations, real-life survival stories, and advice from the Magic House siblings, the guide will teach your reader how to survive fires, earthquakes, and much more!