Travel Time Brochures
Spark interest in faraway places by making your own travel brochure!
Hover over each Learning Benefit below for a detailed explanation.
What you need:
- construction paper
- travel brochures
- atlas or maps
What to do:
- Look at travel brochures or magazines with your child. Why might tourists want to visit those places?
- With your child, choose a place that you would like to visit and locate it on a map.
- Make a list of at least three reasons why this location would attract visitors.
- Fold a piece of construction paper into three sections and use each section to explain a reason for visiting. Be sure to include enough information so that someone could make an informed decision about visiting that location. You might even want to visit a library or use the Internet to find out more about the location.
- Illustrate your brochure with drawings or with pictures cut from magazines or travel brochures.
- geography skills
- creative and descriptive writing
Recommended Products for Your Child Ages 8-10