My favorite color is blue like sky — which relative am I?
Hover over each Learning Benefit below for a detailed explanation.
Attention and Focus
What you need:
- felt tip pens (optional)
What to do:
- Invite your child to ask you five questions about yourself.
- Challenge her to turn the answers into a short riddle or poem about you. She may even want to see if she can make her verses rhyme.
- If interested, your child can use felt tip pens to illustrate her written work.
- Can she think of riddles for other family members, such as siblings, cousins, or grandparents? Encourage her to gather the riddles into a family anthology and to challenge relatives to solve them.
- promotes creativity
- develops writing skills
- encourages attention to detail
Recommended Products for Your Child Ages 8-10