Find the best words to describe a picture.
Hover over each Learning Benefit below for a detailed explanation.
What you need:
What to do:
- With your child, look through old magazines and newspapers for photos that seem particularly interesting.
- Cut out the photos and glue each one to a piece of paper.
- Next, encourage your child to look for words to use as captions for the pictures. They can be descriptive, humorous, or even just silly.
- Help your child cut out the words and glue them underneath the photos. For an added challenge, try to find different captions for each photo.
- For an online twist to this activity, log on to the Scholastic News Games & Quizzes area to play "Write the Caption." There's a new photo featured every week. Submit your best caption — it might be published on the site!