Give your mind a workout with these writing prompts.
Hover over each Learning Benefit below for a detailed explanation.
What you need:
What to do:
Put your head together with your child and answer these questions:
- If dogs had a country all to themselves, what would be the words to their national anthem?
- Do you know the details surrounding the invention of the ice cream sundae? Neither do we. But don't let that stop you: write a one-page play about this very important moment in history.
- Come up with ten new uses for popcorn (other than eating it).
- Give three absolutely ridiculous, laughably false explanations for the sky being blue.
- Some people still believe that the earth is flat! Whether or not you agree with this theory, come up with as much evidence as you can to support it.
- The items in your refrigerator have gone on strike and posted a list of demands (right next to the mustard). What are their demands?
- creative writing
- problem solving
- imagination and creativity
Recommended Products for Your Child Ages 8-10
Find Just-Right Books