Dress up an ordinary jar with natural materials.
Hover over each Learning Benefit below for a detailed explanation.
Fine Motor Skills
What you need:
- rubber bands
- twine or ribbon
What to do:
- Invite your child to collect 15-20 long, straight twigs from the backyard or a nearby park. She can gather leaves of different sizes and shapes as well.
- Break the twigs so that they are about one inch longer than the jar.
- Wrap two rubber bands around the jar, approximately an inch from the top and bottom.
- Place the twigs around the jar, tucking them under the rubber bands. Then, slide the rubber bands together towards the middle of the jar.
- For added decoration, glue leaves onto the twigs (or tuck them under the twigs).
- To finish, take ribbon or twine and wrap it around the rubber bands. You may need to glue the ends in place.
- encourages appreciation of nature
- develops creativity
Recommended Products for Your Child Ages 3-5