They're one-of-a-kind — and tasty, too!
Hover over each Learning Benefit below for a detailed explanation.
Fine Motor Skills
What you need:
- magazines, wrapping paper, comic books
- 2 teaspoons flavored gelatin
- 5 teaspoons hot water
What to do:
- With your child, select pictures from magazines, comic books, and even wrapping paper to use as stickers and cut them out.
- Mix the gelatin and hot water.
- Use the paintbrush to cover the backs of the pictures with a thin layer of the mixture. Look closely — what happens to the paper?
- Let the mixture dry. How does the back of the sticker look?
- Lick and stick the stickers! How are they similar to regular stickers? How are they different?
- encourages creativity
- strengthens observation skills
Recommended Products for Your Child Ages 6-7