The warm weather is great for bird watching. Make a bird feeder with your child to attract some feathered friends to your yard.
Hover over each Learning Benefit below for a detailed explanation.
What you need:
- empty half-gallon milk or juice carton
- scissors (adult and child)
- paper towels
What to do:
- Wash out and dry the carton. Create flaps on the sides of the carton by drawing a rectangle on each side and cutting out three sides of each rectangle, leaving the top intact.
- Ask your child to help you fill the carton with birdseed and seal the top of the carton with tape. Then punch a hole in the top of the carton and run string through the hole and open the flaps out. Hang the carton outside.
- Record the kinds of birds that come to eat and the different times of day that they feed.
Recommended Products for Your Child Ages 3-5