Be aware that there is a wide array of reading interests across this age. What your child is disinterested in today, he may love tomorrow. Be sure to come back to old favorites, but also introduce rejected items across time. Explore the books together, and make as many as multi-dimensional as possible! So bake cookies like the characters in the book, play in the snow like the setting of a recent story, or paint a picture of your child’s favorite character. Extending a story beyond the pages of a book enhances your child’s experience, fosters a love for books, and builds a strong foundation for literacy!
- That’s Not My Puppy, Train, Bunny, etc.
- Signing Smart My First Signs/ What Do You See? http://www.signingsmart.com/
- No David series
- Not a Stick/Not a Box
- Bear Snores On (Bear series)
- Click, Clack, Moo: Cows That Type/Giggle Giggle Quack and others in this “series”
- Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See/Polar Bear/Panda Bear
- Llama Llama Red Pajama series