Cups o' Fun
What can a baby do with a cup? Give him a few and let the creativity flow.
Hover over each Learning Benefit below for a detailed explanation.
Fine Motor Skills
What you need:
What to do:
- When your baby can sit up on his own, build a pyramid and show him how to knock it down. Soon, he will make the game his own. Kaboom!
- When your baby is a little older, he can help you restack the cups.
- When babies put cups inside of cups, they are experimenting with nesting.
- Babies can roll cups or spin them.
- By putting small (but not chokable) items, such as finger puppets, blocks, and animal figures in cups, babies can "fill and spill."
- Play the old shell game with your baby: Line up three cups, place an item under one, and slowly move the cups around. Where's the toy?
- Turn over a cup, get a wooden spoon, and your baby has a drum to beat on.
Recommended Products for Your Child Ages 0-2